|May your day be ever so digital :3|
Heads up to all artists, writers, animators, and ANYONE who wants to learn about storytelling!!
Iversity.org is an online source offering FREE courses to anyone interested in learning what they have to offer! And one of them is storytelling! :') Here's the link:
Here's a little bit they had to say about this course:
Together with a whole network of media researchers, creators and students we will:
- learn storytelling basics such as antagonist/protagonist relationships, narrative/narrated time, …
- have a look at exciting current media projects
- analyze how they are designed and executed based on aforementioned basics
- and discuss how (and if) new online tools and formats change the way stories are told and perceived.
The 8-chapter course starts on October 25th, 2013 and ends on December 20th, 2013.
It will offer weekly video material, lessons, interviews and tasks on the following topics (not necessarily in this order):
- storytelling basics
- serial formats (on the TV, web and beyond)
- storytelling in role-playing games
- interactive storytelling in video games
- transmedia storytelling
- alternate-reality gaming
- augmented reality and location-based storytelling
- the role of tools, interfaces and information architectures in current storytelling.
So if you have spare time, please don't pass up this opportunity! I'm enrolled and I'm sure as heck going to pass up free education. Please spread the word to other artists/writers/students!
also I'm sorry about the inactivity, too muc stuff on my plate. Aunt's in and out of the hospital, been travelling for school/career purposes, and going to school at the same time. Just thought i'd give you guys a little nugget I found on spare time!